[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at alfacom.net
Sun Jan 27 23:49:22 CET 2002

Hi,
I was a bit wrong (see below) - a problem with mplayer+XviD under FreeBSD
isn't XviD's. I tested it with xine and aviplay - both play back with XviD
perfectly all right, and only MPlayer doesn't :-( I can't for the life of
me understand what's causing this.

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Christoph Lampert wrote:
>
> > Hi Vladimir,
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> >
> > > Unfortunately for some reason XviD doesn't playback at all - no image
> > > under FreeBSD. Decoder works, I tested it with "mencoder -vc divx4", but...
> > > Would anybody more knowlegable than me look at it?
> >
> > Did you check if BIG_ENDIAN was defined in stdlib.h?
> > I didn't try FreeBSD, yet, but I can't see any reason why it should not
> > work.

Regards,
Vladimir

P.S. Oh, BTW, one more question (totally unrelated). Wouldn't it make some
sence to enable input STREAMTYPE_STREAM not only from stdin but from pipe
as well? It's very simple to implement (just stat() on file) an could be
useful for mencoder.

--
Vladimir Kushnir - vkushnir at Alfacom.net