[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Jan 10 14:35:55 CET 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Arpi wrote:

> hey, resizing bitmap fonts is weird idea... it looks terrible :(
> let's generate fonts runtime from .ttf, at given size and codepage and other
> stuff. the font generator code runs <1s on medium systems for ascii set.
> for big unicode sets (korean etc) it may took too long :(
>
> but we could add font cacheing. for example, user could set a max disk space
> to keep most common font sets...

What are the possibilities to use some existing GUI stuff and merge the
output with mplayer's frames?

Something like: GUI writing to a "virtual" framebuffer, that overlaid onto
mplayer video frames before the combined frames are output?

This way we could use "ordinary" tools (gtk+?) for rendering fonts,
overlaying graphics and all that, but still be able to output to all
devices like Xv, dvb card, dxr3, dc10+ in the future, etc etc.

Steve