[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO

Artur Zaprzala artur.zaprzala at talex.com.pl
Thu Jan 10 14:56:44 CET 2002

>the only drawbacks are:
>- runtime generation tooks some time (<1s on most systems and small font
>sizes, but if Michael optimize it it will even build korean 50ppt font at
>0.1s :)))

Last time I checked it took about 10 seconds to render over 8000 korean
characters on P3 @ 600MHz with subfont-c, but I'm sure it could go faster.

>- users need to have freetype library
>- users need .ttf fonts (they are not fully legal to distribute, at least
>the windows ones, but we could find some free fonts)

 Note that my machines are Debian systems, and that I installed
 the "msttcorefonts" package on them. On installation, it
 automatically downloads the fonts from Microsoft's site,
 displays the required legal disclaimer, and installs them
 on the machine. All of this absolutely legally !!

--
Artur Zaprzała