[MPlayer-dev-eng] Decoder With Motion Compensation

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 27 17:23:25 CET 2002

Hi,

> data so I can copy YUV data from the last frame to the current one. I've
copy????????? swap them...

> only written relatively simple RGB decoders so far that only need to
> allocate 1 output buffer. I'll need 2 output buffers now, so how should I
> allocate them with A'rpi's new allocation scheme that involves something
> like:
>   imgtype = IMGTYPE_STATIC;
> I'm still not quite sure what that's for.
imgfmt_static is not good for you.
anyway its' teh old filter layer stuff, i've redesigend this long time ago.

> 	Also, I saw someone write that there's a new X entension in the
> works called XVmc, a common X interface into motion compensation hardware.
> How far along is this support? Any plans to support it in MPlayer? Which
it's not mplayer problem. it's codecs problem, the codecs should support it.
afaik no one codec can use it... there are somewhere a changed berkeley mpeg
tools decoder for XVmc testing, but it isn't supported in mplayer

> video hardware has such MC support?
i810 (done), nvidia (under devel)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team