[MPlayer-dev-eng] Decoder With Motion Compensation

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Feb 27 17:28:44 CET 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Arpi wrote:

> imgfmt_static is not good for you.
> anyway its' teh old filter layer stuff, i've redesigend this long time ago.

	In other words, I should go with my original hunch of just
allocating 2 output buffers in the init phase and storing them in
sh_video->priv. On a decode, toggle between the buffers and assign the
active one to our_out_buffer.

	I just wanted to make sure my decoders play nice with the
elaborately designed architecture you've conceived for MPlayer...:)

> it's not mplayer problem. it's codecs problem, the codecs should support it.
> afaik no one codec can use it... there are somewhere a changed berkeley mpeg
> tools decoder for XVmc testing, but it isn't supported in mplayer

	True, it is the codec's problem. And right now, I'm trying to
conceptualize what such an interface would look like. Maybe in the future,
we'll be able to support it.

--
	-Mike Melanson