[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Codec Interface

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Tue Feb 26 22:36:23 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 17:42, Mike Melanson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Arpi wrote:
>
> > something in the ehader but sometimes it differs from the real coded
> > dimensions and it indicates teh wanted display size after resizing - silly
> > quicktime feature, there the codecs handle scaling and colorspace conv.)
>
> 	I've always wondered about this, given the codec formats I've seen
> that actually specify the frame dimensions in the header. Do you have any
> sample media that exhibits this behavior?

	Get any QT stream with H.263 inside of it, the real dimensions are CIF
but they grab a 320x240 image and add black borders. The H.263 header
tells CIF size but QT says 320x240 so the QT player knows that it should
render only 320x240 avoiding the black borders.
	Indeed that's why I added the feature to the H.263 decoder so it
returns the dimentions after decoding the first frame, so the player
could render things right.

--
Juanjo sin .sig :(