[MPlayer-dev-eng] Enough Already, Egger

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Feb 26 21:27:38 CET 2002

Hi Daniel (Egger),
	Look, enough already. Please? Yes, we developers know that the
organization of certain subsystems (notably the demuxers and the decoders)
can use some work. And we're working on reworking them. Yes, the
documentation leaves a little to be desired and we acknowledge that fact
as well. That's why Gabucino, the documentation maintainer, has taken it
upon himself to rewrite the docs and he is open to polite suggestions
about the direction to take the new docs.

	I appreciate that you're interested enough in MPlayer to have
argued your case this long. But what's your goal here?

	I tried to help you out here. I suggested that you could help us
out with the Cinepak color issue on PPC. In fact, there is a LOT of work
yet to be done on the PPC. You have a kickin' PPC machine and we could
really use your help in that area. Make little changes to the codebase and
then the core developers will trust you enough to make big changes to the
codebase.

	But all of this arguing about finer style points is wearing very
thin. It's wasting your time and it's really starting to waste our time. I
don't like the look of a lot of the MPlayer codebase, either, but the
reality is that it works and I've learned to live with it. You should,
too, if you'd like to make a useful contribution to the project.

--
	-Mike Melanson