[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Codec Interface

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Feb 26 21:42:37 CET 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Arpi wrote:

> something in the ehader but sometimes it differs from the real coded
> dimensions and it indicates teh wanted display size after resizing - silly
> quicktime feature, there the codecs handle scaling and colorspace conv.)

	I've always wondered about this, given the codec formats I've seen
that actually specify the frame dimensions in the header. Do you have any
sample media that exhibits this behavior?

> > 	Also, is it okay if I monkey with the sh_video_t structure and add
> > a proper palette structure?
> put the palette pointer into sh_video_t

	Actually, I was thinking of making an actual array of BGR entries
along with a count of how many entries exist. I imagine I'll eventually
have to modify the AVI, ASF, and MOV parsers to make this fully workable,
but it kill be cleaner than passing (unsigned char*)bih+40 as the palette
table.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson