[MPlayer-dev-eng] Borrowing code for xmame

Lawrence Gold gold at shell.aros.net
Thu Feb 7 06:41:52 CET 2002

Apologies if this is directed to the wrong address.

Anyway, I'm the maintainer of xmame (http://x.mame.net), a port of the
well-known MAME (http://www.mame.net).  On several occasions, I have
gotten requests from users to implement certain functionality found in
MPlayer, such as hardware scaling using XVideo or fullscreen using VESA
modes.

Would it be possible for me to borrow some of this code, if it's
applicable to xmame, and incorporate it into the project with a special
"permission is granted for use in xmame" clause?  I understand that most
of MPlayer is under the GPL, which is incompatible with the MAME license
(http://www.mame.net/readme.html) because it forbids selling.

Thanks very much, and keep up the good work.