[MPlayer-dev-eng] more questions about the documentation

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Dec 10 20:33:22 CET 2002

Hi.

> Yes. No. The man page is the replacement (should be).

Ok :)

> IMHO it's not needed at all, they are (should be) for developers
> only.

Well ok.

> BTW: You know that translating the MPlayer documentation is
> hard work, do you? The normal documentation and the man page
> should be enough... ;))

Hell I know what you're talking about, but I'll do it anyway. I'm doing
a mixed job of re-translating several passages and simply correcting
others. It's hard work but I don't mind - as long as no one forces me a
schedule I'd have to follow ;)

> Just orient you on the english manual. It has to be the guidance
> anyway. If you want to add new things first add them in the
> english manual, never in the translated one.

I'm doing that - having two windows next to each other, one showing the
English version, one the German translation. I didn't intend to add
things, I just found it curious that such a whole section was present
in the one version (the German one) but not in the other (the English
one).

> There have been many discussion about how the documentation
> should be structured. I'm too tired to summerize it and I have not
> much free time. The archives may help.

Ok, I'll search them. I remember such a discussion, but I didn't follow
it closely as I wasn't bothering with the documentation at that time.

Thanks for the answer.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)