[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] vop scale

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Aug 29 14:57:18 CEST 2002

Hi

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 02:14, Joey Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting images like this one:
>   http://joey.yunamusic.com/mplayer/bad.png (124kb)
> whenever I use -vop scale=200:200 (playing from a dvd)
> with any of the following vo's:
>   x11 gl gl2 ggi aa png jpeg vesa
> vo's that do not suffer from this problem:
>   xv sdl pgm
>
> I've been unable to find an answer so far from
> digging through the libvo code.
seems to be a problem with stride != width, the stride is rounded up to *16 or
something ...
just change
-      else if(in_format==IMGFMT_BGR16) stride[0]=srcW*2;
+      else if(in_format==IMGFMT_BGR16) stride[0]=416;
in draw_frame() of vo_x11.c (assuming that u use RGB16)

i dont really understand the video filter / vo stuff enough to fix all that,
iam sure someone who understands it could fix it quicker than i could ... i
guess draw_frame() needs to be replaced by put_image() so the stride is known

[...]

Michael