[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Aug 28 02:59:46 CEST 2002

Hi everybody!

I think it's time to start a wishlist/ideas document or webpage.  The
donations page was quite a success and some people on -users have been
offering their help and asking for places to start hacking...

I have no idea if this should best be done as a webpage like donations
or as a text document, ideas are welcome.

In the meantime we can start collecting wishlist items:

 * reverse engineer SVQ3

 * all framebuffer drivers should completely blank the screen like
   fbdev does (mga and tdfxfb

 * fix configure to detect cygwin properly
   (config.mak needs to be edited by hand currently)

 * a nice and complete MEncoder tutorial

 * encode to mpg, ogm, mp4, asf

 * remove old input code

 * Debian package creates mplayer.conf.1 .2 ...

 * somebody to assist Arpi in reviewing incoming patches

 * continue docs review

 * check docs for completeness

 * eq filter should support RGB in addition to YUV

 * adapt colored output from MPlayerXP

 * port VIDIX from MPlayerXP

 * write documentation HOWTO/rules document

 * implement gamma correcture filter

 * settle for config location /usr/share/mplayer/ vs /etc/mplayer/

 * -vo fbdev -fb device ---> -fbdev:device

 * accept -dvd 9-12 command line

 * stay in pause after seek, fullscreen etc

 * finish Alban Bedel's OSD menu

 * fix crashing DLLs

This still lacks some structure, we might divide it into easy,
moderate and difficult and provide some more hints on how to tackle
the stuff and more accurate descriptions of the problems/features.

So.. start sending in your wishlist items...

Diego