[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package - features

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Apr 29 16:15:06 CEST 2002

On Monday, 29 April 2002, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
[snip]
>   Enabled optional drivers:
>     Input: network tv-v4l tv mpdvdkit vcd
>     Codecs: libavcodec directshow win32 libvorbis
>     Audio output: oss sdl
>     Video output: xvidix sdl vesa jpeg png mpegpes(file) fbdev xmga mga dga xv x11 tdfxfb

Personally, I'd disable sdl, jpeg and png to limit dependencies,
but Arpi wants SDL, and that requires esound and arts.

Also, I made some OSD font packages, i.e. mplayer-font-iso1,iso2,koi8r,
all of which provide mplayer-font and mplayer requires mplayer-font.
That way one can install whatever font is desired or even all of them,
but the last font installed will be the default (switching to another
is a matter of pointing the /usr/share/mplayer/font symlink to another
directory).
The font packages are independent of mplayer and can be maintained
separately.

One more thing: should GUI be enabled by default? Or maybe I should
prepare two versions, one with and one without GUI?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>