[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package - features

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Apr 29 16:57:04 CEST 2002

[Replying to myself... :-)]
On Monday, 29 April 2002, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 29 April 2002, Jiri Svoboda wrote:
[snip]
> > How will you include mga_vid,sis_vid... drivers? Without them output
> > driver mga, xmga has nearly no sense.
>
> I can only include support for these, not the drivers themselves.
> Including the drivers would require building additional packages.
[snip]
> But doesn't it depend on kernel version?

Yes, it does. All this kernel-related stuff is tricky. I'd have to build
several different versions of the modules (smp, non-smp, i386, i686), and
that's assuming I support only the stock kernel. So I say let's dump this
stuff from mplayer RPM then, it's too much trouble to maintain it.
OTOH, I think it's possible to provide a .src.rpm package that would
build the necessary modules on user's system with simple rpm --rebuild.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>