[MPlayer-dev-eng] planned pre-release date

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 15 23:27:10 CEST 2002

On Monday 15 April 2002 22:20, Arpi wrote:
> - bugs. are there big bugs? small ones? time to set up a TODO list of
> bugfixes and most wanted features (use DOCS/tech/TODO as startpoint)
there are problems with lavc two pass encoding:
1. I got corrupted 2pass log on long movie (2h), I should try again with
current cvs, but there were IMHO no related changes.

2. with current cvs seconf pass seems somewhat broken, 1st pass seems to keep
smewhat to the specified bitrate, but in seconf pass the bitrate seems to
start at zero and increases steadily until the end of the clip, looking at
the clip makes me beöieve this is true, as it looks even blockier then pass
one at beginning and quality gets better to the end of the clip.
I could upload the vob I tested this on and the parameters I used.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos