[MPlayer-dev-eng] planned pre-release date

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 15 22:36:36 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Speaking of release and bug hunting...
>
> Mplayer CVS from 2 days ago, when pressing F for full-screen - the window
> itself dissapear, but the window size remains the same - this is with KDE
> 3.0.
>
> If there isn't a developer here with KDE 3.0 - then I'll provide all the bug
>
> report stuff needed.

you'd better provide a patch with the fix :)
it seems no one of the developers is familiar with kde wm internals, even if
they have kde3 installed.

most of the X code was made by Pontscho long time ago, but he is busy and no
more fixing X related bugs...  anyway he hated to fox wm related buys, as
all those wms out there are incompatible with eachother and X standards so
it's a pain in the ass to write code compatible with all of them...
kde and sawfish are the worst wms in this aspect, but icewm with its strict
checks also made his life harder... ok, i don't want wm flamewar here, i
would like to see patches to fix mplayer to work with all of them.

the whole X stuff in libvo needs a big cleanup/rewrite but no volunteers...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team