[MPlayer-dev-eng] planned pre-release date

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Apr 16 00:05:29 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Monday 15 April 2002 22:20, Arpi wrote:
> > - bugs. are there big bugs? small ones? time to set up a TODO list of
> > bugfixes and most wanted features (use DOCS/tech/TODO as startpoint)
> there are problems with lavc two pass encoding:
> 1. I got corrupted 2pass log on long movie (2h), I should try again with
> current cvs, but there were IMHO no related changes.

i didn't notices such problem til now, so it'seither silly memory corruption
(try to debig it) or dunno... maybe buggy kernel? :)

normally, no way to get the log file corrupted, as it' sall handled by
divx4_vbr.c, and it was tested a lot by users with divx4 codec.
the type of codec doesn't matter, you have to call and use divx4_vbr.c teh
same way for lavc and divx4...

> 2. with current cvs seconf pass seems somewhat broken, 1st pass seems to kee
> smewhat to the specified bitrate, but in seconf pass the bitrate seems to
> start at zero and increases steadily until the end of the clip, looking at
> the clip makes me beöieve this is true, as it looks even blockier then pass
> one at beginning and quality gets better to the end of the clip.
> I could upload the vob I tested this on and the parameters I used.

something must be broken in your sys or usage, it works fine for me...

continue this at -users, no offenz :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team