[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] DVD NAV work continues...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 1 22:49:31 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > reset.  ;)  So far I have this:
> > ehh... why?????????
> >
> > > #define DEMUXER_RESET { \
> >
> > WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?
> > you really suppose that it will work (and will be commited to cvs)?
>
> You told me that if I change the stream id, I'll need to start the stream
> processing.  I figured I'd try it from the demuxer level.  How should I go
> about restarting the streams with the correct IDs?

I said restart codecs. not streams...
and it's not so simple.
i think you should forget such things for now, there are more basic featuers
which missing - like event handling (keyboard, mouse, highlighting,
still pictures).

when it will work, i'll implement the missing part - audio stream switching.
it requires lots of code (mostly at libmpcodecs) and i doubt you can do it
in 10 minutes...

for now, you can set d_audio->id from mplayer.c (from there,
not from elsewhere!) and then call resync_audio_stream(sh_audio).
it will work while audio parameters are the same. for channels/bitrate
change, the audio codec and libao2 should be re-opened
(uninit_audio, init_audio etc)

dunno about spudec, Kimh should comment on this.
but spudec also maintains some internal pointers (for assignment fo
fragemnts) so it should be reset. anyway it works with seeking so it
shouldn't be big problem. sub palette can be set from mplayer.c afaik.

just do what i said - call dvdnav read from stream layer, and send events to
the input event queue. then get and process them from mplayer.c.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team