[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] DVD NAV work continues...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 1 01:36:22 CEST 2002

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 11:40:40PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > - I have the caching subsystem check the STREAMTYPE_*, and skips if
> >   it sees a DVDNAV stream.
> suboptimal solution, IMHO better solution: use cache, but disable it
> during interactive scenes. Why? because without caching dvd playback is
> very sucking jerky...

that's funny, cache has never seemed to help dvd playback for me. are
you sure your had dma, interrupt unmasking, etc enabled?

speaking of jerky dvd playback tho, subjectively mplayer seems to have
gotten a lot slower at playing dvds sometime between the mid winter
and now. i used to be able to watch dvds fine on my k6-2/450, but now
it's too slow to play anything but animation it seems. i keep meaning
to look into this...maybe i will sometime soon. (and no i didn't
switch to a broken version of libdvdread... :)

rich