[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mpeg2 Interlaced

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 25 20:31:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > is 25 fps you must -fps 50. There must be more
> > drastic
> > > changes to fix that.
> > Hmm. can interlacing be determined from the sequence
> > header?
> > if yes, the read_video_properties function at
> > dec_video.c could
> > handle this case. (double fps if interlacing flag is
> > set in
> > the 'picture' struct after seq. header parsing)
>
> The situation is a bit more complex. I think that it
> is possible to have full B frames and interlaced I
> fields. So you could go out of sync after a while. The
> best is to add one more variable ala frame_is_done,
> that won't mess with drame_drop. Then sync to be
> executed only if frame_is_done.

Hmm. What about this one?  (mplayer.c)

    // fix mpeg2 frametime:
    frame_time=(100+picture->repeat_count)*0.01f;
    picture->repeat_count=0;
    videobuf_len=0;

It is used to handle progressive frames (variable fps).
It can be used for interlaced things too, just set picture->repeat_count
to -50.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu