[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mpeg2 Interlaced

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 25 23:09:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Here is my second patch about Mpeg2 interlaced. The
> previus one hasn't been applyed so i this one containd
> it. That does patch does.
> It draws Frame or second(bottom) Filed (as pp does).
> Now it report correctly is_frame_done, and
> decode_vid.c flips only if the frame (or 2 field) have
> been drawn. This reduce CPU usage by 2-3 times. It may
> also help on none Interlaced mpeg2 streems.
> There is also a problem with synchronization, if mpeg2
> is 25 fps you must -fps 50. There must be more drastic
> changes to fix that.

Sorry, I can't apply it...
You've removed the slice-copy code.
It means about 5% speed loss on celeron-600.

-#if 1
-#ifdef MPEG12_POSTPROC
-                   if(picture->pp_options)
-                       picture->current_frame->copy=NULL; else
-#endif
-                   picture->current_frame->copy=copy_slice;
-#endif
-           if(framedrop) picture->current_frame->copy=NULL;
+           picture->current_frame->copy=NULL;

mpeg codec should copy slices after it's finished, but is still
in teh cache. if first decode the whole frame, and then copy it,
then you'll lost the advantage of cache...

please fix it...

(disable per-slice-copy only for postprocessing or interlaced images,
but no all time)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu