[Mplayer-dev-eng] xmms-plugin

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 16 00:12:05 CEST 2001

Hi,

> has anyone tried to make an xmms-plugin of mplayer? (don't flame me!)
no. nobody was so mad yet :)

> (a cvs-version about two weeks old) mplayer accepted more than one file on
> the command line, but hung when trying to play the second).
RTFM docs/bugreports

> since it shouldn't be that difficult, i might try this myself, if noone has
> done it yet. basically it should suffice to adapt main.c to be a plugin and
> get its input from xmms, making a libao that outputs to xmms and removing
> the non-x targets from libvo.
it is not so simple, but feel you free to try it. we can't help, sorry.

xmms plugins are multithreaded, event-controlled code, while mplayer isn't.
changing mplayer is between very hard and impossible.
(and will result to same performance and stability loss as other players
has)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu