[Mplayer-dev-eng] xmms-plugin

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Sat Sep 15 23:13:54 CEST 2001

hi.

has anyone tried to make an xmms-plugin of mplayer? (don't flame me!)

i know there is a gui in the works, but for me a plugin would be preferable,
because i have an xmms running virtually all the time to play cd, mp3s etc.
so it would be nice if i could use it to play movies, too. there are the
smpeg and avifile plugins, but of course mplayer is superiour. and it's
annoying to have several apps listening to lirc. and i don't want to add
support for my lcd to mplayer. and it has a playlist (the last time i tried
(a cvs-version about two weeks old) mplayer accepted more than one file on
the command line, but hung when trying to play the second).

since it shouldn't be that difficult, i might try this myself, if noone has
done it yet. basically it should suffice to adapt main.c to be a plugin and
get its input from xmms, making a libao that outputs to xmms and removing
the non-x targets from libvo.

bye

--
Lunatic Asylum, n.:
	The place where optimism most flourishes.