[Mplayer-dev-eng] Re: processsor speciffic code

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Sat Sep 15 22:18:23 CEST 2001

Hi

> What about a package that builds itself while installing ?
that would be very nice, however requires some libs and development tools
to be installed, that would weight more then set of couple of packages for
different archs.
All and all it seems like it's the best solution possible for now,
all others seem quite cumbersome.

> but afaik it should be possible.
pine is distributed in debian in similiar way ( it's licence prohibits
distributing midified binaries )
Anyhow ports system show it's strenghts in this case.

> hacks to get processor specific code out of the way and
> provide an optimized mplayer on every machine.
nice goal anyway :)
This static library thingy looks ok. I'll have to try it later.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Takze nakonec neco malo o mne. Narodil jsem se v roce 1976. Jeste jsem neumrel.