[Mplayer-dev-eng] gui & release

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Sep 10 19:03:24 CEST 2001

Hi,

What about announcing GUI on -users list and News ?
As there was no active work nowdays on GUI code, I think it's
stable enough for a bigger testing :)

And, at the end of this week, we should make a pre-release too.
Many people still downloads and uses 0.18pre5 (watching the ftp/www logs)
which is old, buggy and unsupported version.
It shouldn't be more than a cvs snapshot with CVS dirs removed
and version string changed.
What about version number? It should be at least 0.20.

After doing these, we will start libvo2 integration. It will be a big
work, and requires some time, but it does worth. It will solve our
biggest problems:
- clean GUI <-> libvo communication
- aspect ratio stuff with mode switching
- fullscreen switching
later:
- software zoom and color conversion in all modes (see libmmxnow!)
- vo drivers in plugins (runtime linked - first step to binary packages)
- dvd subtitles and subs over/under the image (do not forget special
  subtitle forms, like textmode (aa) and hardware osd (dvb))
- direct rendering and single/double/triple buffering
- reworked OSD - brightness/etc support for mga, xv etc.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu