[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure2 underway

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 15 22:06:37 CET 2001

Hi,

> > The status so far has been (for the past months) :
> >   automake : no (browse the archives dated back a few months)
> >   autoconf : yes _IF_ somebody writes it _AND_ maintains it
> >
> > So the shell scripts have been used since then :)
>
> 	I have some experience using the autotools (even doing strange
> stuff like automatically building an intermediate support program that
> generates a file used the final program build). MPlayer probably does
> some bizarre things in the configure script, but I could try to make adapt
> it to use the autotools, maybe this weekend in between writing new
> decoders.
it's too late. script is too big to adopt and pl already done the new
version which solves the problems. btw only autoconf of autotools is
allowed, nobody wants to see gigz of libtool wrappers scripts and 200kb
makefiles created by automake, ah, and the usual auto* incompatibility
problems already known from avifile.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu