[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure2 underway

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 15 21:26:36 CET 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, pl wrote:

> The status so far has been (for the past months) :
>   automake : no (browse the archives dated back a few months)
>   autoconf : yes _IF_ somebody writes it _AND_ maintains it
>
> So the shell scripts have been used since then :)

	I have some experience using the autotools (even doing strange
stuff like automatically building an intermediate support program that
generates a file used the final program build). MPlayer probably does
some bizarre things in the configure script, but I could try to make adapt
it to use the autotools, maybe this weekend in between writing new
decoders.

	-Mike Melanson