[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer + FreeBSD - works great!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 31 00:09:52 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Forst of all - thanks a lot for an mplayer - THE DivX player for *NIX as
> far as I'm concerned.
>
> Next, there is (fortunately :-) a small nit in MPlayer-FAQ:
> "Q: I'd like to use/port MPlayer on/to my <insert your favourite
> architecture
>    here> on <insert your favourite OS here> . Is it possible?
> A: No.
>
> Q: But...!
> A: No."
>
> It's not quite so.
Hmm. nice FAQ entry? Who did it? :)))
Btw it applies mainly to different architectures, because Win32 stuff isn't
really portable. BSD is very similar to linux, at least it's x86 and it's
unix variant too.

> If anybody is interested I could finish it up and send patches.
Yes, we are interested. If it doesnt hurt (noting is broken after applying
the patch) and you ar efast enough (v0.18 freezee is at friday night!)
then we can 0.18 with bsd support :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu