[Mplayer-dev-eng] code freeze delayed

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Jun 2 23:36:36 CEST 2001

Hi, Arpi!

On 2001-06-02 17:33:49 you wrote:

>Hi,

>> >delayed. won't be release before next friday. maybe next monday?

>> >Is one day enough for you to make the translations?
>> >then we can follow this:
>> >x.day: code freezee
>> >x+1: english docs freezee
>> >x+2: release
>> IMHO one day for DOCS translation may be not enough. IMHO project should be freezed
>> entire at X day (not only code). Let will 2 days for stabilization and translation because I
>> don't know how will be planned my time at the next week. And who knowns that?
>
>Agree.
>
>What about this:
>Friday - code freezee (no more new features or changes after it)
>Saturday - english docs freezee
>Monday - release
>
>I don't like the idea of 'midnight'. Freezee should be at night, when
>we goes to sleep. So, what about freezees at saturday/sunday 6:00am (CEST),
>and release at monday 10:00pm (CEST)?

It don't matter when you freeze code. May be you want to use traditional technique -
make copy of cvs to other place - probably on your home PC and sync it copy
corespondetly your plane. Lets CVS continued to live. IMHO DOCS less significand
of code and it could be freezed before code - i.e. friday - english docs freezing
and suturday - sunday - code freezing.

Best regards! Nick (2001-06-02 21:31:16)