[Mplayer-dev-eng] code freeze delayed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jun 2 17:33:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >> Any new date planned ? The release is still on monday, or it's also
> >> delayed ? (I work with the release dates, not the freeze, as gabu
> >delayed. won't be release before next friday. maybe next monday?
> >
> >> updates 30 seconds before the release... grgrgrgr ;oP)
> >
> >Is one day enough for you to make the translations?
> >then we can follow this:
> >x.day: code freezee
> >x+1: english docs freezee
> >x+2: release
> IMHO one day for DOCS translation may be not enough. IMHO project should be freezed
> entire at X day (not only code). Let will 2 days for stabilization and translation because I
> don't know how will be planned my time at the next week. And who knowns that?

Agree.

What about this:
Friday - code freezee (no more new features or changes after it)
Saturday - english docs freezee
Monday - release

I don't like the idea of 'midnight'. Freezee should be at night, when
we goes to sleep. So, what about freezees at saturday/sunday 6:00am (CEST),
and release at monday 10:00pm (CEST)?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu