[Mplayer-dev-eng] Adding largefile support

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Jul 2 18:40:01 CEST 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, [iso-8859-2] Gábor Lénárt wrote:

> Nice but we should able to use 32 bit only (on 32 bit arch) by a switch of
> ./configure because on 32 bit arch 64 bit operations are slower of course.
> And there're some people (including me) who needs the maximum performance of
> mplayer because of their slow CPU :(

I'd expect that by undefining _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS, the
code should call the old 32 bit calls.  I'll adjust configure to make that
switchable.  Lets see if I can make it work at all to start with...

(Its fiddly trying to follow the file positions through the stream,
demuxer, packet data structures and understand how they are used).

Steve