[Mplayer-dev-eng] Adding largefile support

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Mon Jul 2 18:21:30 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 05:13:51PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > I've started adjusting mplayer for large files (64bit file offsets etc).
> > Which is mainly setting _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and
> > cleaning up the datatypes of relevant variables from variations of int,
> > long, unsigned int etc to off_t.
> >
> > Generally this should be backward compatible to older glibc that don't
> > have large file support (<2.2 is it?) - the defines will be ignored, off_t
> > will be 32bit and the old non-64bit open, lseek, etc will be used.
> >
> > Any problems or hints before I put too much effort in?
>
> Good work! I'm very interested in the patch!
> (and i hope you are working with the CVS version, not 0.17a)

Nice but we should able to use 32 bit only (on 32 bit arch) by a switch of
./configure because on 32 bit arch 64 bit operations are slower of course.
And there're some people (including me) who needs the maximum performance of
mplayer because of their slow CPU :(

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!