[Mplayer-dev-eng] Translations..

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 2 18:23:41 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Trying to understand the demuxer stuff.
>
> Can someone translate for me:
>
> // pozicio indexben (AVI) ill. fileban (MPG)
position in the index table (AVI) or file (MPG)

> // ennyit kell hozzaadni az index offset ertekekhez
this value should be added to the value coming from index table
(means 'index base offset')

> Also, do I understand right that the pos in demux_packet_st is the
> position in the input file from which the packet came?
maybe, depends on file format.

now i understand you... so it will be a bit harder.
there are some struct fields used for multiple things,
depending on file format. some file format has chunk-based
(avi, asf, mov) and some format is stream-based (mpeg variants).

for indexed chunks i store chunk number (index in chunk table),
for stream-type files i'm using file position.

> Do you guys have an IRC channel for these sorts of quickie questions?
yes, #mplayer

but nowdays i have no time for chatting, so use email
(i read it non-stop, so you can except answer in 5 minutes,
except if i'm away from computers)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu