[MPlayer-dev-eng] NuppelVideo

Panagiotis Issaris takis at lumumba.luc.ac.be
Wed Dec 26 17:52:53 CET 2001

Hi all,

I use NuppelVideo as my main realtime recording tool and want
to know if anyone on this list has allready tried porting the
codec to mplayer.

I searched the mplayer mailinglist archives and read some
mails 'bout NuppelVideo and found some mistakes in them.

Someone noted that NuppelVideo does not use compression at all,
that it would simple store the YUV422 captured images to disk.

I assume he must be wrong, since the projects README file states
various compression ratios (between 8:1 and 10:1) and they talk
about the RTjpeg2.0 codec. Moreover, when capturing video,
you can adjust the quality level and setting that quality level low,
gives you the same effect on the resulting images as any other
JPEG encoder.

Is anyone working on adding the NuppelVideo codec to MPlayer,
and if not, I will give it my best shot to add it myself.

           With friendly regards, Takis

--
  .-.                         | lumumba.luc.ac.be/takis/takis_public_key.txt
  /v\    L   I   N   U   X    | panagiotis.issaris at advalvas.be
 // \\  >Phear the Penguin<   | ICQ: 12764288
/(   )\
 ^^-^^