[MPlayer-dev-eng] Non-inline asm code

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 23 02:33:51 CET 2001

Hi,

> argh, you talk of totally different thing.
> I talk of converting external assembler (blah.s files) to inline assembler
> (asm volatile("nop;")).
> I didn't say anything about inlining functions.

he just mean (and i agree in this) mv xyz.S xyz.c, and the minimal
modifications to get it compile. so every file can be compiled with 'gcc',
not 'as', and every file will have teh same symbol name mangling.
(currently obj format / symbol name mangling of asm and c compiler differs
on some platforms, like win and openbsd).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu