[MPlayer-dev-eng] [offtopic]: xmpeg & Linux porting?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 21 23:13:28 CET 2001

On Wednesday, 19. December 2001 16:13, you wrote:
> OTOH I do agree that support for external file subtitle would be good.
> But limiting them to text and requiring OCR in the encoder seems
> dubious.  Currently I think more in the line of Vobsub...
Yes, OCR type stuff always needs user intervention to work correctly. Also
DVD SUbs (Vobsubs) have very nice features: Different fonts and colors,
different font markups (intalic etc.), different placement of text to better
show whos speaking or avoid overlay of important parts in the image,
additional symbols, eg. in Moulin Rouge sung text is marked with a note
symbol.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos