[MPlayer-dev-eng] [offtopic]: xmpeg & Linux porting?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 19 13:49:15 CET 2001

On Sunday, 16. December 2001 19:47, you wrote:
> Does it do:
>
> 1. YUV->YUV (or YUV-YV12) directly without converting to RGB mode?
yes

> 2. does it let me select the movie itself or do I need to feed it VOB by
> VOB?
same as mplayer like mencoder -dvd 4 to encode title 4.

> 3. How can I tell it to what size to convert?
magic, set the apropriate bitrate!

> 4. Is subtitles support there on the cvs version now? or the subtitles
> support there is only good for playback?
not yet but sure will be supported in the future.

> 5. How fast is it compared to XMPEG?
I think much faster, I can do a two pass divx4 rip with vbr mp3 and
everything (eg. resizing) set to highest quality in 6h (1.5h movie, PIII 850,
256MB Laptop). That's IMHO faster then FlaskMPEG, although I didn't recently
try to do a two pass divx4 with it).
Missing thing with MEncoder is currently cropping, which will be added in the
future, cause borders between black bars and image cause encoding artefacts
in the image which are avoided by cropping a bit into the image, which can be
done with eg. Flask).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos