[MPlayer-dev-eng] [offtopic]: xmpeg & Linux porting?

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Wed Dec 19 20:59:02 CET 2001

> > 5. How fast is it compared to XMPEG?
>
> I think much faster, I can do a two pass divx4 rip with vbr mp3 and
> everything (eg. resizing) set to highest quality in 6h (1.5h movie, PIII
> 850, 256MB Laptop). That's IMHO faster then FlaskMPEG, although I didn't
> recently try to do a two pass divx4 with it).

XMPEG performance now is so fast, that you can look at toms hardware web site
- and according to their test - xmpeg does real time processing now (meaning
it takes something like the time to play the movie to convert it - so if a
movie is 90 minutes, then it will take around 90 minutes to convert it from
DVD to divx, and sometimes even faster).

--
Hetz Ben Hamo
hetz at kde.org