[Mplayer-dev-eng] Matrox dualhead and syncfb.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 29 23:26:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 	I'm trying to run mplayer with syncfb on the dualhead without
> success, in fact I'm not even able to run syncfb on first head. It fails
> in the ioctl() that SET_CONFIG (both when running on the first head and
> when running in the second head). I don't know if syncfb even supported
> under the second head but it should work under the first head, shouldn't
> it?
syncfb is outdated, isn't maintained for a while. use mga_vid.o with -vo mga,
it must work (all important features of syncfb has been moved to mga_vid)

btw -vo syncfb should work with the syncfb driver (drivers/syncfb), but
don't try with mga_vid.o, they are incompatible.

> 	Other thing, I'm subscribed to dev-eng only, and the traffic is
> really low, should I subscribe myself to users or devel ? I don't speak
> hungarian.
you should stay on users too. we always should see what users say about our
code :)

devel-related mailing is really low nowdays, after the release everyone
went to holiday or just sleeping :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu