[Mplayer-dev-eng] Matrox dualhead and syncfb.

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Sun Apr 29 23:38:11 CEST 2001

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 	I'm trying to run mplayer with syncfb on the dualhead without
> > success, in fact I'm not even able to run syncfb on first head. It fails
> > in the ioctl() that SET_CONFIG (both when running on the first head and
> > when running in the second head). I don't know if syncfb even supported
> > under the second head but it should work under the first head, shouldn't
> > it?
> syncfb is outdated, isn't maintained for a while. use mga_vid.o with -vo mga,
> it must work (all important features of syncfb has been moved to mga_vid)

	Yes, mga_vid works, but only on first_head. I've set

matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -m 2
matroxset -f /dev/fb1 1

then

export FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb1
mplayer -vo mga -dvd /dev/cdrom

but it gets drawn on the first head, do I have to set any parameters to
the mga_vid in order to make it work on the second head?

	Also syncfb main feature (syncrhonize with monitor freq) doesn't
seem to be implemented on mga_vid.

> > 	Other thing, I'm subscribed to dev-eng only, and the traffic is
> > really low, should I subscribe myself to users or devel ? I don't speak
> > hungarian.
> you should stay on users too. we always should see what users say about our
> code :)
>
> devel-related mailing is really low nowdays, after the release everyone
> went to holiday or just sleeping :)

	No rest! everybody start working NOW! ;-D

	I'm polishing the DVD support but, I've found some problems, I
don't know if they are related to the demuxers routines because some
chapters of the DVD won't play, it seems that they are not recognized as
MPEG streams, but I have to check if it is my problem, maybe these
chapters aren't decrypted correctly. Also LIRC improved support for DVD is
already done.

	Regards,

	- german