[Mplayer-dev-eng] Re: DVD raw mode, IFO Parsing and AC3 through SPDIF

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Apr 27 23:46:09 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Freitag, 27. April 2001 22:39 you wrote:
> > 	Other thing I would like to see in mplayer is some
> > 'postprocessing' capabilities, things like brightness/contrast/color
> > correction are really usefull for some files/DVDs, as now this is beyond
> > my knowledge, so is anybody out there?
> >
> I've also thought about something like postprocessing filter support, that
> should be plugins that kick in on the image data before it is passed to libvo.
> I'm thinking bout ie. some nice asm bilinear filter or stuff like that, and
> brightness correction and stuff.
Hmm. It's simpier.
DirectShow codecs can do it, at least mpeg4/divx and indeo (and wmv1?).
For mpeg 1/2, we can hack the yuv2rgb table to get this work fast.

> To Arpi: fix that no audio stream selected -> want's to select 255 bug with
> DTS sound dvd (remember incoming/MPlayer/dts/) as it crashes mplayer with
> sig11 for sdl and for xv it plays but very unstable and if you try to quit
> mplayer then using q it'll crash completely (picture stays on screen, had to
> change to konsole to kill mplayer, this is even worse for ie svgalib - same
> prob but fucks up whole console).
Hmm. I'll download that DTS file and check this. It shouldn't crash.

the 'selected audio stream: 255' is a quick hack, stream 255 is a dummy
audio, with codec type 'nosound'. when i removed all references to sh_audio
if has_audio==0 then i'll remove this hack.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu