[MPlayer-cygwin] How to make MPlayer to play video with CoreAVC?

Eugene Kovgar ken20001 at ukr.net
Tue Aug 3 01:42:56 CEST 2010

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:23:20 +0300, Eugene Kovgar wrote:
>> In windows xp is installer latest CoreAVC 2.0 video decoder.
>> And with mplayer.exe -vc coreavcwindows video.mkv command I'm getting
>> working sound and dark video window without picture. So how to make it
>> work?
>
> i think the coreavcwindows codec is not working. gianluigi got it
> working with his dsnative code tho.
>
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
>

> quote from his site:
> dsnative: updated dsnative, now it handles coreavc, ffdshow (some
> problems with framedrop), cineformhd, ffdshow dxva untested but it may
> work. If the codec is registered in the system you don't need to put i
> codecs directory
> MPlayer: experimental dsnative wrapper, included in
> the package, you can try using -vc coreavc and send me feedbacks
> MPlayer: work in progress native dshow video decoder, it works with
> coreavc and mpeg4ds on the samples I've tested
>
> you'll have to ask him when he wants to apply dsnative to svn
>
> -compn

The thing is dsnative is no offisial thing and I don't really like such
things. I thought that there is some possibilities (maybe patches) to make
it works with -vc coreavcwindows options that, as official thing, must be
working but it is not. But I see that it's not. So we'll wait. May be in
some newer SVN this thing will work (?) Anyway thanks for your reply.