[MPlayer-cygwin] How to make MPlayer to play video with CoreAVC?

Milen Manev mmanev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:38:16 CEST 2010

1) You do not need any patches to make CoreAVC working.
2) Check you have codecs.conf in your .\mplayer folder (. is folder
where your mplayer.exe is placed). If you do not have it, copy
mplayer_sources_folder\etc\codecs.conf in .\mplayer
3) check you have section "videocodec coreavcwindows" in codecs.conf
file. If not your version of mplayer is too old (may be more then one
year) - get new version
4) copy CoreAVCDecoder.ax in your .\codecs folder. May be it can work
from original location but I never tried. May be you have to edit part
" dll "CoreAVCDecoder.ax"" in codecs.conf to give full name in this
case.
5) If your copy of CoreAVC is not registered it will not work.

Run
mplayer.exe -vc coreavcwindows ...

If still doe not work then post the log from execution.

--
Milen Manev