[MPlayer-cygwin] How to make MPlayer to play video with CoreAVC?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Aug 3 00:29:10 CEST 2010

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:23:20 +0300, Eugene Kovgar wrote:
>In windows xp is installer latest CoreAVC 2.0 video decoder.
>And with mplayer.exe -vc coreavcwindows video.mkv command I'm getting
>working sound and dark video window without picture. So how to make it
>work?

i think the coreavcwindows codec is not working. gianluigi got it
working with his dsnative code tho.

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

quote from his site:
dsnative: updated dsnative, now it handles coreavc, ffdshow (some
problems with framedrop), cineformhd, ffdshow dxva untested but it may
work. If the codec is registered in the system you don't need to put i
codecs directory
MPlayer: experimental dsnative wrapper, included in
the package, you can try using -vc coreavc and send me feedbacks
MPlayer: work in progress native dshow video decoder, it works with
coreavc and mpeg4ds on the samples I've tested

you'll have to ask him when he wants to apply dsnative to svn

-compn