[MPlayer-cygwin] Win32 gui updates

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Mar 8 13:09:50 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 05:06:03PM -0500, Erik Lunchpail wrote:

> > Looks really nice, we should finally get this integrated somehow.
> > Gianluigi, do you think you can split up the Windows GUI changes
> > into small patches that can be applied one by one?
>
> Here ya go. Only 3 internal mplayer files get patched,
> configure, mplayer.c and the Makefile in the Gui
> directory. The configure and Makefile patches are
> pretty self explanitory.

Hmm, Gui/Makefile:

  +ifeq ($(TARGET_WIN32),yes)
  +       rm -f *.a win32/*.o win32/*.orig
  +else

Why are you removing *.orig?  Anyway, don't specialcase this for
distclean, just add another line to the list of directories.

configure:

  +if not mingw32 && not cygwin ; then

use 'not win32' instead.

mplayer.c:

Some cosmetics comments:

             use_gui=1;

  +#endif

Put the endif directly below the use_gui line, don't leave a blank line.

  +    if(runningmplayer && filename && use_gui){
  +        COPYDATASTRUCT csData;
  +
  +        csData.dwData = 0;

I'd leave out this empty line.

  -
  +#ifndef WIN32 //Allow playing movies from network drives. eg.  \\Desktop\c\somemovie.avi
         if (getcwd(cwd, PATH_MAX) != (char *)NULL)

Don't remove this empty line, it made the code more readable.

I'd say make the changes I suggested above and send this to dev-eng for
a bigger audience of reviewers.

Diego