[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer GUI?

Anton Ragnarsson anton at infeline.org
Fri Aug 5 15:14:58 CEST 2005

>> The week is over, so users, be unafraid of the dark side and inquire
>> Samuel Winter what the GUIs look like and whether they are any good...
>>

> Scratch winter, it is summer time.
> Ok first of all: I really like the GUIs and all the work that has been put
> into them, but imho we should not add more gui code to cvs. Instead we
> should
> try to fix the remaining issues with slave mode. [...]
>
> What do you think?
>
> Sascha

I think focusing on the slave mode is a good idea.

On a somewhat related topic, would it be possible to add a new 'seek'
command that doesn't end mplayer when end of stream is reached?
I would like to use mplayer to play a stream that is being written to
(recording a TV stream), and would like to seek to current time (end of
stream) without problems..

Or perhaps this could be better solved using named pipes?
Then I would have control of the data mplayer tries to read, which would
simplify things like playback from a circular recording buffer.

Right now I'm handling the stream myself, using ffmpeg, but it seems a bit
silly to create a "new" player for this purpose.

Anton