[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer GUI?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Fri Aug 5 12:05:10 CEST 2005

> The week is over, so users, be unafraid of the dark side and inquire
> Samuel Winter what the GUIs look like and whether they are any good...

Scratch winter, it is summer time.
Ok first of all: I really like the GUIs and all the work that has been put
into them, but imho we should not add more gui code to cvs. Instead we should
try to fix the remaining issues with slave mode. Also it would be nice if we
could join efforts for one multiplatform skinned gui, that could eventually
replace the current gtk gui in the future. However I'm not sure how
successfull this project will be. It has been brought up on -dev-eng multiple
times afair and most MPlayer developers don't seem to be interested into GUIs
at all.
As a short term solution we could also simply distribute one of the current
guis with the binary packages. It is maybe the best to let the users decide
what GUI, because they are the ones who will have to use it ;)

What do you think?