[MPlayer-cygwin] Stopping the screensaver in windows

Steven Neisius abrageddon at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 5 02:16:54 CEST 2005

I got tired of the windows screen saver coming on while watching videos
during movies on mplayer.  I decided to build a little batch file to
work around it. It turned out to be 3 (short) files but I was wondering
if it could get intergrated into the source for other peoples enjoyment.

mplayer.bat
    set run=%~dp0                      #makes var for current dir that
mplayer ran from
    regedit /s %run%ssoff.reg     #turns off screen saver for current
user via reg key
    %run%mplayer.exe %*           #runs mplayer, passing command line
options
    regedit /s %run%sson.reg     #turns screen saver back on

ssoff.reg
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "ScreenSaveActive"="0"

sson.reg
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "ScreenSaveActive"="1"

Thats about it... so if theres some way to make thoes changes within the
normal program then it would be cool. =)

--ABRAgeddon