[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Problems compiling for windows platform

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu May 20 15:05:06 CEST 2004

> Hi Sascha,
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> Can you tell me where to get the windows api package?
> Everything else I already have on disk.

It should be selectable by the Cygwin Setup program.

> By codecs dir you mean the directory where I have downloaded the
win32codecs
> from http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/ ?
> Aren't those just for running MPlayer under Linux and be able to read
movies
> encoded with windows codecs?

If you compile with --with-codecsdir you can leave out the --enable-dshow
etc.
It will serach then the dshow, dmo, real etc. codecs on your system and the
dir you specify.

> BTW when you run the ./configure ... on your PC does it say Environment
> Cygwin or MinGW?
> Mine says Cygwin. I tried --target=i386-windows and then it said
Environment ...
> Windows.

On cygwin it says cygwin with msys it says mingw, afair.

> And it always says Directshow ... Disabled.
> In fact I'm still trying to use AVISynth scripts as source for MEncoder as
these
> come with wonderfull filters. Some are already built-in in
MPlayer/MEncoder but
> a lot of them aren't.
> I'm only trying to enable Directshow because I want to use Milan Cutka's
> makeAVIS that comes with FFdshow from http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com/ .
> makeAVIS reads the AVISynth script and makes a fake AVI readable by
MEncoder.
> That is, it was readable by MEncoder with a small adjustment on the
codecs.conf
> file to include it's support:
> videocodec makeavis
>   info "FFvfw makeavis"
>   status untested
>   fourcc AVIS
>   driver vfw
>   dll ffvfw
>   out YV12
> But now it's not video for windows based anymore. It's Directshow based.
> So I changed the codecs.conf to:
> videocodec makeavis
>   info "FFdshow makeAVIS"
>   status untested
>   fourcc AVIS
>   driver dshow
>   dll "c:\video\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
>   out YV12
> This FFdshow installs an ffdshow.ax codec file that gets registered in the
> registry for the fourcc [AVIS] which is the fourcc on the AVI files
created by
> makeAVIS.
> But now I always get an error message talking about Directshow filter not
found
> or something (don't remember the log it creates and I'm at work now...)
> So I recompiled MPlayer/MEncoder and noticed during the ./configure it
says
> something about directshow not enabled.
> And when I use ./configure --enable-largefiles --enable-static
> --confdir=mplayer/ --enable-win32 --enable-directx --enable-dshow it bombs
me
> while "make".
> Confusing?

No. Just install the api package and the
configure --enable-largefiles --enable-static --confdir=mplayer/ --with-code
csdir=codecs
As you have the codecs installed on your system the path you specfiy doesn't
matter.