[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Problems compiling for windows platform

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 21 06:15:46 CEST 2004

> Hi there,
> I am trying to compile MPlayer/MEncoder for Windows using Cygwin.
> I have several questions:
> - Does somebody know which is the minimal set of packages I have to download for
> Cygwin to compile MPlayer? I downloaded ~20Mb of packages which I think are not
> necessary...

hmm, are you trying to cross compile? that is building a cygwin mplayer on
linux?

if so, i dont think its possible yet

compiling your own mplayer is difficult to get started, and most people use mingw
ask joey, his mplayer package is cygwin, check the projects page.

also check the docs about the dependencies (libogg libvorbis etc)

did you come from the kvcd forums? if not, check there for info
http://kvcd.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=81